Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter!

Phew, its nice to relax! I have been super busy and now I finally have some time to relax. I have three weeks holiday after my mid terms. I had four essays to hand in and one exam, now to catch up on all my weekly readings after Easter.

Fianaces are going so-so. I haven't bought any new clothes, but I did buy a $12 pair of plain black flats from Kmart and a new bed as the old one was killing my back. And in the last two weeks before end of term I have bought a couple of coffees and slices on campus. I do usually bring lunch (toasted pita with cheese, tomato and spinach) but I haven't been baking and I do have a terrible sweet tooth. My food bill has been fairly steady, mainly due to the $10 vege packs, great value and the chooks eat anything I don't like, such as vasrious brassicas. The girls having been laying nicely, I have heaps of eggs these days which is lovely. My garden is still producing beans and tomatoes but sadly the chickens have eaten all the silverbeet and lettuce. I also have scallopinis and squash still going as well. Quinces are nearly ready, that's this weekend's job to harvest and rehome them. Now I need to get back on track and stop spending money on junk food, that should be easy while I'm on holiday as I will actually have time to cook and bake again! Such a novelty after the past fortnight from hell academically.

Now I must go prepare for the Easter Bunny's visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment