Sunday, February 3, 2013

So-so weekend

So a good weekend in that I got my house nice and clean. My Grandmama gave me a loaf bread she had no room for which was brilliant as I needed some for school lunches and a bag of perfect nectarines! I love nectarines they would defiantly be in my top five fruit to eat. I found some plums so I need to process them, not sure how they may just get eaten as they are also delicious. And another food related bonus is Rose (the new chook) laid an egg! So happy and the Girl had a great time collecting it, now to decide what to do with it. I really hope she might lay daily.

I was on a forum and I saw a thread about making a miniature fairy garden so the Girl and I went to the Warehouse and bought some wooden box picture frames for $8.97 down from $19.99 so the large one will be the base for the garden and I can use the others for gifts perhaps. We also got some blue stones for a path for $4. We found a feather to go in and we will go down to the beach and get some sand and shells and driftwood to make chairs (I found a easy looking tutorial). I also got hold of some succulents to add to it, so its all go after school tomorrow! I will certainly be taking some pics.

On a slight downside is I went out last night with my girlfriends and spent $6.50 on a glass of wine and $3.69 on a packet of chips and a bottle of coke. The chips were duly eaten but the coke wasn't needed so I have put it in the cupboard. I also had to put another $20 petrol in the car as I have done a lot of driving this week. And I agreed to go out for tea with my friends this week. On the plus the restaurant is halfway between both our houses and is once again cheap and cheerful so shouldn't be too bad.

I also had to buy the Girl a pair of culottes as I realised she only had one school dress and one pair of flimsy tracksuit material shorts which are far too hot for the frequent 30 degree plus days. So that was $29.99. But I also DID NOT buy the $10 pair of retro inspired high waisted togs! I am quite pleased about that. I thought about it but I already have two other pairs of togs in a similar style and quite a few others in various other styles.

So this week I will load more stuff on Trade Me and stick firmly to my budget. Groceries should be ok this week as I don't need any fruit or many veges so that should help. I picked up some super cheap cat food while at the Warehouse so the cats don't need any this week as they have the super flash Purina Cat Chow all 1.59 kgs for a grand total of $6.29.

No comments:

Post a Comment