Friday, February 1, 2013

Not the best week

Another week has passed and I haven't done so well. I had to shop on Tuesday this week to get items for the Girls school lunch but I did come in slightly under budget and that included big ticket items like cat food, a frozen chicken and eco store washing powder. However I have frittered away money this week.

  • I took the Girl to McDonald's as a treat for being so good whilst we shopped for stationary (which totalled roughly $55). So that was $11 gone and after wards I felt slightly blah too much sugar and bad fat for my system I think, still the Girl enjoyed it and for her happy meal she got a microphone hairbrush which is very popular.
  • Then I also bought some cheap potted colour at the Warehouse, I got 36 for $3 so a wise spend I think, now I really must get onto planting the last 12!
  • I put a bid on Trade Me without thinking that I am not buying any new or unnecessary clothes. The item in question is a white Workshop singlet with a tiger on it. I adore Workshop, they are one of my favourite designers. Thankfully my bid is at $2 and I wont be entering a bidding war over it.
  • Parking charges for a routine hospital appointment for the Girl. Initially it was $2.70 (aka all the change I had in the car and my wallet) then the appointment was running much later than expected so I had to buy a muffin at the cafe ($3.60 for a muffin!) and get some change so another $3 went in.
  • School stationary. Many trips to many shops and I spent $55 all up. Mean mummy that I am I refused to buy a new lunchbox when the Girl has 5 already and she was given a beautiful green stainless steel drink bottle for Christmas.
  • A new chicken. I had a moment of madness and decided I wanted one chicken that was virtually guaranteed to lay an egg a day. So I spent $14 on Trade Me and bought a Hyline Brown. It most likely wont lay for a week or two due to the stress of moving but after that I expect results! I work it out that after one months worth of eggs (roughly 28) I will have saved the $14 purchase price. I live in hope that my other two do turn out to be pullets and not cockerels. 
So not really the best week for not spending or frittering away money but oh well. The bills are paid and there's food in in the cupboard so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment