Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chicken Houses and the Reality of the Budget

Well last night I did my budget and after all basic bills are paid (rates, mortgage, multiple insurances, car wof and rego, power, phone & internet, cellphone, food, petrol and my gym membership) I will have approx $22 per week for all spending child related items, doctor, dental and vet visits, presents for all occasions, treats and all other miscellaneous spending. Somewhat depressing I must admit. Oh well, better get some stuff on TM to build up a surplus. That will be tomorrow's goal.

Today my Mother and I built the chook house for my as yet unsexed chickens. I hope they are hens, if they are not they will be dinner although not at my table! The whole house cost $19.47 and that was the cost of the chicken wire. I used the laying box from the old house, the random wood and planks were lying around my shed and I already had the nails. A few hours of hard work in the 25 degree blinding hot sun and we were done. Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment