Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Successful grocery shop!

Today's goal was to buy the weekly groceries. This includes a trip to the vastly overpriced but local vege shop (will not be returning in the near future), the cheap but stressful supermarket, the bakery and dairy.

Supermarket - $33.24
Dairy - $6.00
Bakery - $1.60
Vege shop - $13.16

Total - $ 54.00

So I am six dollars under budget! Woohoo! A good start indeed. My Grandmother  also gave me some lemons when I visited her, so I have been having a squeeze of lemon juice in my glasses of water, most refreshing in the 30 degree heat! Tomorrow I am going to make a lemon yoghurt cake and I will try and adapt the recipe to make it lower carb than usual by substiting 1/2 a cup of flour for ground almond. I also have some leftovers to eat for lunch (chilli con carne and chicken curry) and the small person can have some cherry tomatoes from the garden and a toasted cheese sandwich. I also have some courgettes which are looking a bit sad so I shall grill them and then add some onion, garlic, mushroom, red pepper and bacon and a naughty creamy sauce and then bake for 30 mins. Easy cheap dinner which has a high vege content.

No comments:

Post a Comment