Sunday, January 13, 2013

Still going strong

I am still going strong! I went out to a friends for homemade pizza on Sat night. There was a slight babysitting hiccup so I only went for a few hours which probably helped the budget! And big thanks to my wonderful family who babysit for me and at short notice as well.

Meal planning really helps I find. I bought a frozen chicken and so far it has lasted three meals and hopefully lunch tomorrow (although that might be pushing it food safety wise). My Grandmama gave me some lemons from her tree so I made a lemon yogurt cake and I adapted it by reducing the sugar and swapping half the flour for almond meal to make a healthier low carb recipe. It was delicious and it went down well on Saturday night for desert after the amazing pizza. My mother also gave me two litres of raw milk so the Small One and I have been drinking a lot of smoothies and milkshakes and iced coffees as it has a yummy creamier taste compared to shop bought milk.

I have been doing a lot of gardening in the last few days (quite a feat in the 30 plus degree days we have been having) and I have also finally rebuilt my gate, now to get someone to assist me with getting it on the hinges properly. I am also on a HUGE declutter mission, today I have gone through our clothes and shoes, tomorrow I am officially taking on the toy room of doom. In addition I am dog sitting my mother's extremely neurotic epileptic dog, so lets all hope that he doesn't run away or have a seizure.

No comments:

Post a Comment